The Santa Cruz County Emergency Operations Center is reaching out to make you aware the County is transitioning to a new emergency alert and warning platform, CruzAware, an innovative and comprehensive community alert and warning system designed to keep residents informed and safe.
CruzAware represents a significant upgrade and introduces a range of enhanced features to ensure effective communication during both emergency and non-emergency situations. In addition to providing vital information during emergencies, CruzAware includes a robust messaging platform for residents in unincorporated areas that gives the option to receive non-emergency notifications regarding roadwork and other neighborhood-level disruptions and information.
After logging in to the new platform, users can select their preferred language and communication channels, including phone calls, text messages and/or email, as well as preferred nonemergency alerts (look under the “Notifications” tab – look for the picture of a bell – in the menu on the left.
This new functionality aims to foster greater awareness, engagement, and collaboration among community members. CruzAware will also soon include a free mobile app, available across all platforms. The app should be available in early July.
Key features and benefits of CruzAware include:
· Comprehensive emergency alerts: Receive critical information during natural disasters, severe weather events, public safety concerns, and other emergencies.
· Non-emergency messaging: Stay informed about roadwork, community-level impacts, public meetings, and other important updates affecting your area.
· Customizable communication channels: Choose to receive alerts via text messages, phone calls, email, or the CruzAware mobile app to ensure notifications reach you wherever you are.
· Enhanced accuracy and precision: Benefit from advanced geolocation technology that delivers targeted alerts based on your specific location, minimizing unnecessary disruptions.
· Multilingual support: Access alerts and messages in multiple languages to accommodate the diverse needs of our community.
To learn more about CruzAware and sign up for emergency notifications, please visit CruzAware.org. Stay connected and stay informed to make our community safer and stronger together. For Questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org