Do you already have a RADIO?, I'm making a list

Hi Everyone;

1. Did you get one of the Radios at the FireWise meeting?
    Please let me know (and how many).

2. Also for those that bought their own and had me program them.

***I forgot to make notes of who all has radios, 'doh

I need a list so we can plan communication tests.
Also if I need to add/change channel programming.

We sold over 25 UV-82C MURS radios at our event! That’s going to really improve our Micro Community communication and I’m looking forward to our next test date: Saturday, May 21st, from 9:00-9:30 AM.

Susan is ordering all of the MURS radios for the people who placed orders at the event. I’ll email you after I’ve programmed them to let you know when and where to pick them up.

Thanks,
Keith keithtrinity@gmail.com

I have two MURS radios: Dakota Alert and UV-82C. Eric programmed the latter for me.
csunhiker@gmail.com

Paul has a UV-82-C; Eric programmed his, also.
pstuhley@yahoo.com

Just got one, you will be programming it for me. Deo on Bronco Rd.

We have the base unit and the handheld unit.
Patty Holbert
400 Ponza
pjholbert@gmail.com

I have three radios: 1) BTECH MURS-v1, 2) Baofeng UV82-C, and 3) Yaesu FT60-R. I purchased these myself and programmed them. I’m also a ham, with (new) callsign KC6EJS.

We have one radio
Susan and Mark Rolen

Hi Keith,
I ordered 2 radios that will be delivered to you tomorrow.
Thank you!!
Amy English
3344 NRG

Hi Keith,

I just picked up the Baofeng radio, and also have a Dakota Alert. Thank you for programming my Baofeng!

I have two MURS radios: Dakota - desk version and handheld. I don’t know what you mean by programming. I have it on the right channel,4, and I can hear and speak.

You’re OK then, Marianna. The Dakotas don’t need programming. The newly recommended BaoFeng radios, that can pick up transmissions from a variety of local agencies (fire, police, PG&E, etc, even Animal Control) do need to be programmed before using them.

1 Like

Hi Keith,
I have one radio that I purchased at the Firewise meeting and took it home with me. Thanks, John

Are you still programming these for us/. I am about to purchase one, and just want to know if I can still have it sent to you.

Julie Suit
2390 N Rodeo Gulch Rd.

Julie, either Keith Trinity (keithtrinity@gmail.com) or Eric Swenson (eric@swenson.org) can program your radio. Are you buying the Baofeng UV82-C? AFAIK, this is the currently advocated model. Keith or Eric, correct me if I’m wrong.

I am about to order that radio. Just waiting to know if I get it sent to me. Or someone else.

Julie, you might want to have the radio delivered to Eric Swenson (he’s closer to you than Keith). Email him to ask for his shipping address.

There is a new radio we are recommending, Raddiodity MU-5

And discount coupon link; Radioddity Referral Program

Or; http://radioddity.refr.cc/keithtrinity

It is $40 less coupon. Radioddity MU-5 MURS Radio | 250 Channels | License Free | USB-C Charging | Display Sync | VOX | NOAA

Or you can get at Amazon if you want;

Keith Trinity

Ship to me is fine;

130 Outlook Rdg

Keith, did I miss something? What are the advantages of the Radioddity? Does it lend itself better to on-the-road use during an evacuation?

It is very similar radio. It is new. It has the legal output power. It is cheaper.
Keith

Ordered it from Amazon just now. Should arrive on 1/17. Thank you

Julie Suit

Hi Julie; I received the radio and it is all programmed up.
Do you want to pick it up here?
Or where are you I might be able to drop it off on my way to work…
Keith