Need help shopping for home insurance?

United Policyholders is working hard to help California property owners stay financially protected despite unprecedented insurance availability and affordability challenges.

Please join UP’s Executive Director, Amy Bach, and a panel of agent/broker experts on Tuesday, June 11th for a Home Insurance Shopping Help Webinar to get the straight scoop and answers to common questions.

Home Insurance Shopping Help Webinar

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PDT

Register here: www.uphelp.org/Jun11

This webinar will cover:

• What to do if you are “dropped” (non-renewed)
  • What you can do to keep your insurance affordable
  • The current California home insurance marketplace
  • Insuring your home through the CA FAIR Plan
  • Home improvements that should qualify you for insurance discounts

Submit questions for the webinar here: www.uphelp.org/R2PQ&A

Relative to a FAIR plan application, a homeowners agent asked me if there is a “certificate” to see verifying current Firewise certification. Is there such available? Apparently a picture of the street sign down below on the road wouldn’t be sufficient…

My server is down so I can’t access any of my files until it is up again. Check back with me in a week or so, or ask others if they have a copy.

My erstwhile State Farm agent says:

I have not been made aware of a certificate being required. I can tell you what my office does as a formal practice: when applying for a Fair plan quote, there is a section that asks whether the property is within a certified Firewise Community. We verify with the Firewise website map (NFPA - Firewise USA®) and input the community name and the date it was first recognized by Firewise.